Sunday, August 30, 2009

Knowing What & When to Say it


My mother's birthday was this past weekend, the same day as Michael Jackson's. I took her out to dinner to celebrate the day before.
Some say i look just like my mother, but I've found we're more alike personality wise. I've inherited the 'speak my mind' gene that is always mistaken for being mean in my case. While spending time together something was said...by her.
When talking about one particular subject still sensitive to me (she doesn't know that, but it's besides the point), she hit the bulls eye by saying something that hurt me. It wasn't so much because she said it but because she said it with such confidence that it had to be true, like she wanted it to be true. Don't get me wrong, the same thought has crossed my mind a number of times before, but to hear her reassure me it was true instead of consoling me really hit home.
I love my mother very much-- but the truth does hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment